Friday, April 22, 2011

run like a girl.

This past week marked this year's Boston Marathon. I was so sad not to be out on the route running my heart out, but opted out of trying for it because I knew I would be in New York so much this semester and would not have the time to train. I have been itching to get back into running and looking for the perfect opportunity to do so. Tonight, I found out that the very popular, and hard to get into, Nike Women's Half Marathon has guaranteed discount entry to students. I have had several friends run this race in the past who really loved their experiences.

Upon doing some research on the race, the general consensus is that the race is better situated to be a half marathon. I thought this would be a great endurance event to ease my way back into the running universe with thousands of women. Even better, the primary beneficiary of this race is Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, my charity of choice. I ran my Disney Marathon through Team in Training and it was SUCH a good way to learn about LLS. I have heard so many stories about blood cancer survivors and the fight for research and patient care.

Though I am not running this race through LLS, I have decided to fundraise for them to make this next event both meaningful and memorable. If you are able to support this cause or would like to learn more, please ask me or visit my fundraising website. http://www.active.com/donate/mch2005/shannonliu2011

No comments: