Sunday, February 6, 2011

exciting things in the horizon

2011 is already starting off to be an interesting year due to the huge amounts and unbelievable frequency of snowstorms followed by icy conditions. The weather has proved to be difficult for everyone, from public transportation delays and closures, snow days, and shoveling endlessly. It has gotten in the way of my being able to get to New York once for my internship, but I am hoping that does not happen again.





Naturally, I am pretty excited to escape the winter cold and be able to walk outside without being terrified of slipping. The warmer weather will also bring many wonderful adventures. Though this summer will be an undoubtedly intense one filled with studying for the bar exam, there are many other things to look forward to.

This May, I will finish my last set of law school finals. Right after, my mother and I plan to take a cruise around Northern Europe (starting in Copenhagen, going to Berlin, Tallinn, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Stockholm, and ending back in Copenhagen). I think this will be an amazing way to bond with my mom and go to some places that I have never had the opportunity to visit before. On May 22, I will be enthralled to participate in my school's commencement ceremony.

I will be spending my summer up until the end of July studying for the bar exam. Of course, this completely warrants having a celebratory trip after the dreaded examination. August, consequently, will be a great month. I will be moving to New York and have the bulk of the month to settle in and get the place in order. Then Hayes and I will embark upon our first real vacation, heading to Peru to visit the iconic Machu Picchu, the Amazon, and whatever else we can fit into nine full days.

I know that this year is one in which I am going to be challenged and need to be patient, but I also know it will be a year of so much growth, self reflection, and progress. I think I can handle whatever comes my way. :)

No comments: