Tuesday, November 2, 2010

the most wonderful time of the year

Halloween festivities have ended and I had a lot of fun being a princess Bee in Boston and New York. It seems like the start of November immediately brought the winter cold and I have been layering up to stay warm. November, however, also marks the start of the holiday season. It is definitely a bit earlier than the Advent calendar would have ever imagined, but I guess the commercial market would have it no other way in the name of profits.

Even though the holiday season seems to extend earlier each year, I cannot complain. I love seeing the resurgence of Christmas commercials, holiday cheer, and general goodwill. In fact, charities see a huge increase in donations towards the end of the year; whether this is because of holiday generosity or the hope of tax breaks before the new calendar year is another issue. This year, I feel extremely grateful. I will be spending a good bit of November in California for the National Asian Pacific American Bar Association conference and then be home for Thanksgiving. In December, I will get to spend the holidays at home and will also be bringing my boyfriend back with me, which will be wonderful.

I am not too excited about having to change my clothes everytime I go into a building to modulate my temperature, but I am pretty happy about everything else. I cannot wait to spend more time with loved ones and get that much closer to graduation from law school.

No comments: