Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Unforgettable and undeniable

Every summer has a "song," a melody that the teenagers to early thirty-somethings remember the season with. These songs tend to be upbeat, have a catchy hook, and make you feel good. One of the heavy contenders for this year's summer ditty is Katy Perry's "California Gurls." This song characterizes the Golden State as being a beautiful place with equally beautiful girls. I have to say that, being a Californian, I like to believe that the lyrics carry much truth.

Being in California this summer has been wonderful so far. I have gotten acquainted with living in beautiful San Francisco and am slowly figuring out the bus system. I have hit the ground running at work, taking a lot of responsibility and doing a lot of interesting substantive work too. It has been a great learning experience thus far and I am excited to add more to my repertoire of legal work I have done first hand.

I have gotten to spend time at Dolores Park, visit the Union Street Festival, see great Impressionist art at De Young, walk by the water and through the Presidio, eat great food, and do it all with my friends and my boyfriend. We have been lucky to have some great sunny weather lately that has not been marred too often by clouds and gloom.

My summer has its own song of growth, happiness, and love. I love my California summer and hope to make the best of it.

No comments: